At a Glance: Best Light + Laser Combo For Glock 19
- BEST LASER LIGHT COMBO: Streamlight TLR-6 Subcompact Tactical Light/laser Combo
- RUNNER UP: Streamlight TLR-7 Compact Rail Mounted Tactical Light
- BEST BUDGET OPTION: Viridian Reactor TL Gen 2 tactical light with ECR Ambi IWB holster
Comparison of The Best Lights For Your Glock
Our Top Pick
|Streamlight TLR-6 Subcompact Tactical Light/laser Combo||
||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|Streamlight TLR-7 Compact Rail Mounted Tactical Light||
||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|Viridian Reactor TL Gen 2 tactical light with ECR Ambi IWB holster||
||View Latest Price|
Glocks are among the most popular pistols for self-defense because of their accuracy and ease of use. That said, an emergency in the middle of the night requires a weapon that creates sufficient light to identify your target.
Using a flashlight and a gun simultaneously will prove difficult and awkward, and more importantly, it will slow you down. If you’ve ever had to shoot in a self-defense situation, you’ll know just how precious every second is.
This is where a tactical light comes in. A tactical light will improve your vision and accuracy when shooting at night and maintain the speed and ease of use your Glock provides. This article will reveal how to choose the best light and laser combo for your Glock 19 and how to mount it securely to your gun. We will answer questions like “How many lumens should a pistol light be?” and “who makes the best weapon lights?”
Our Pick Of The Top Light for Glock 19 On The Market
We’ve scoured the market to bring you the best light for Glock 19 pistols. We’ve tested and reviewed the four best products so that you can confidently choose the best tactical gun light.
Streamlight 69424 TLR-7A
Number one on our list is Streamlight’s TLR-7A Flex. This is a great ambidextrous 500-Lumen Tactical Weapon Light.
- Lumens: 500 Lumen
- Color: Light Only
- Style: Low-Profile Rail-Mounted Tactical Light
- High Switch Mounted on Light
Featuring a low or high position to match your shooting style and securely fits a broad range of full-sized and compact guns.
Ultra-lightweight & compact, this light will run for at least 1.5 hours with a 140 Meter Beam Distance. This light has a rail grip clamp system that securely attaches and detaches quickly without using tools.
- High Switch Mounted on Light
- Comes with Low Switch option
- runs for 1.5 hours
- Poor instructions
Streamlight TLR-6 Subcompact Tactical Light/laser Combo
The best laser light combo is the Streamlight TLR-6 tactical light/laser. it combines a C4 LED illuminator with a 640-660nm red laser to identify potential threats. It attaches to the trigger guard rather than the rail and fits on 18 subcompact handguns, including Glock 19.
- Laser Color: 640-660nm red laser
- Lumens: 100 Lumens
- Material: Polymer
- Style For Glock: 42/43/43X/48 (No Rail or MOS)
- Battery Life: CR-1/3 N
It provides 100 lumens, so it’s not the brightest light, but it does feature a Parabolic reflector that produces a balance of beam and peripheral illumination. There are three modes of operation: laser only, Laser/LED combo, and LED illumination only. The light is switched on by a push button on either side, giving ambidextrous operation. The battery lasts one hour with the light on or 11 hours when using the laser-only mode. One great thing about this light is how easy it is to replace the batteries from the mounted position. An auto shut-off function automatically turns the light off after 10 minutes. This is both a pro and a con as it conserves battery life, but it also means it could switch off when you still require light.
The Streamlight TLR-6 fitted well and looked great on my Glock 19 handgun. It gives a reasonable amount of light indoors, but if you want a bright light for outdoor night shooting, this may not be for you.
- Great light/laser combo with a red laser
- Auto shut-off function for battery conservation
- Looks great and fits well
- Mounts on the trigger guard, so no accessory rail is needed
- Easy to replace the batteries
- Only provides 100 lumens
- It has a short battery life when the light is on
Streamlight TLR-7 Compact Rail Mounted Tactical Light
Coming in second on our list of best Glock lights is the Streamlight TLR-7. An LED weapon light gives an impressive 500 lumens of white light and produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination. It will mount quickly and safely on any Picatinny or Glock rail with no tools needed. This means that it fits a large majority of full-size and compact handguns.
- Laser Color: White LED
- Lumens: 500 Lumens
- Material: Aluminum
- Waterproof: Up to 1m for 30 minutes
- Battery Life: CR-123 lasts 1.5 hours
The TLR-7 runs on one CR123A lithium battery and will last for 1.5 hours when the light is on. The product is durable, anodized machined aluminum and weighs 2.4 oz. It is IPX7 waterproof to 1m for up to 30 minutes.
Features of this Streamlight model include a low-profile design for snagging prevention, ambidextrous on/off switch, user-enabled strobe function, and a “safe off” feature to conserve battery life by preventing accidental activation.
I found this lightweight weapon easy to mount and simple to use. Moreover, it gives a great deal of brightness in indoor and outdoor situations, so it could easily be the best pistol light available.
- Provides 500 lumens
- Strobe-light function
- Resistant against water to some degree
- Low-profile ambidextrous on/off switch
- Easy to mount and compatible with many handguns
- Battery saving function
- The strobe light feature is difficult to use
Viridian Reactor TL Gen 2 Tactical Light with ECR Ambi IWB Holster
The Viridian Reactor RTL Gen 2 tactical light works with an ECR ‘Instant-On’ ambidextrous IWB holster, which automatically activates the light when drawn from the holster.
- Laser Color: LED Light Only
- Lumens: 140 Lumens
- Material: polymer
- Waterproof: no
- Battery Life: 1/3N Lithium – 60 min in constant light mode or 120 min in strobe mode
The Reactor laser gives 100 lumens of light output, or 140 lumens, when using the strobe mode. Furthermore, the radiance combat optics stretch the light pattern horizontally for an increased field of view. The advanced ECR Instant-On technology from Viridian works by using a magnet that turns the light on when you draw the pistol from the ECR holster. The light’s battery life is quite disappointing, only lasting one hour. However, there is a low battery indicator to let you know when you need to change the CR-1/3N lithium battery. The light mounts on the trigger guard and weighs under one ounce, making it one of your pistol’s most lightweight weapon lights.
The biggest highlight of this model is the unique automated light activation. This gives you lightning-fast activation as you do not need to push a button, fumble with a toggle, or adjust your grip to use this light. If you want a tactical light for glock 19 that gives you the fastest night vision of an intruder, the Viridian Reactor TL proves to be the best light for Glock 19 as well as many other handguns.
- ‘Instant-On’ technology gives the fastest light activation possible
- No need to fumble or adjust your grip
- Features a strobe mode
- Extremely lightweight
- IWB holster included
- Short battery life
- It only gives 100-140 lumens of light, so it may not be sufficient for outdoor night use
Crimson Trace Laserguard Pro light/laser combo with blade-tech IWB holster
The Laserguard Pro is a powerful laser sight combined with a 150 Lumen LED white light that utilizes Crimson Trace’s high-tech ‘Instinctive Activation’ function. A front activation button immediately engages the laser when you hold your Glock in a normal firing grip.
- Laser Color: Green Laser
- Lumens: 150
- Material: Plastic
- Battery: 2 hour run time
The Laserguard Pro boasts a powerful Class 3R visible red laser of 5mW peak, which is currently the brightest beam allowed by law. There are four operational modes to choose from. These are laser & light combo, laser only, light only, and light & strobe. You can switch between these modes via a button on the right, next to the windage and elevation adjustments.
The Laserguard Pro attaches to the trigger guard instead of an accessory rail to work with Glocks without a rail such as a subcompact Glock 42 or 43. It runs on one 1/3N battery and gives two hours runtime when using the 150-lumen light or four hours if using the laser without the light.
While there are many great aspects of this unique system, there are a couple of negatives. The laser makes the sight heavier and bulkier. Moreover, because it’s a laser and light combo with an IWB holster, it is understandably more expensive than the other options on the list. Even so, it’s high-quality, durability, and advanced features make it a top choice for ardent Glock shooters.
- Laser sight & light combo
- It comes with a Blade-Tech IWB holster
- Powerful class 3R red laser giving the brightest beam possible
- ‘Instinctive Activation’ function for a natural and easy operation
- Four modes of use
- Easy to mount with adjustable windage and elevation
- Bulkier and heavier than others
- An expensive system
Buyers Guide to the Best Light for Glock 19
Like all Glock accessories, the quality of tactical gun lights on the market varies significantly. Therefore, there are a few key aspects that you should consider when looking for the best light for your Glock 19.
Fit and Compatability
Before purchasing, check that the light is compatible to fit your particular Glock. The design and build will determine how well the light fits your pistol. An intense, sturdy constructed light will hold securely on your Glock 19 with no wobble or movement.
Ease of use
The design of the light will also determine how easy it is to operate. Most gun lights will either have a toggle function or a push button.
If you plan to use the light on a home-defense gun, ease of use should be a priority as you don’t want to be fumbling around to switch it on.
Tactical gun lights tend to run on batteries. However, some have a longer battery life than others. Look for a light with a long runtime to prevent it from dying in the moments you need it the most. A low-battery indicator is a valuable feature that could save you from losing light.
Brightness – How many lumens do you need?
A good gun light will give you sufficient visual spread and distance reach.
For Outside Use
- 800 lumens will work great for outdoor night shooting.
- If you’re shooting outside, the brighter the light (and the higher the lumens), the better the illumination.
For Home Defense
- 200-400 lumens should be sufficient for indoor use.
- For home defense, you do not need the brightest gun light on the market, particularly if you have small rooms or your walls are painted white. In that case, you might find 800 lumens to be far too bright that it could potentially blind you rather than illuminate your target.
- Another problem with too bright lights is that they can cloud your view by creating a glare on a surface that is smooth or shiny. It will be much harder to see and accurately aim at your target if this happens.
Using a tactical light on your Glock 19 for the first time may take a bit of time to get used to it, so it’s recommended to practice regularly until you become acquainted with it.
How to Install a Light on Your Glock 19
Weapon lights mount on your Glock’s built-in accessory rail or the trigger guard. Here are five simple steps to installing a tactical light on a rail:
- Firstly, loosen the light’s attachment point. This might be the QD lever or manual screw-style point.
- Slide the light over the rail, ensuring the cross bolt is positioned between a section of rail to prevent it from slipping, especially when faced with recoil.
- Check the positioning. Ensure the light is not too far back on the rail that the trigger guard can interfere with the switches.
- Once it’s aligned properly, check that you can activate the light quickly and easily.
- When you are happy with the placement, tighten the bolt until fully secure with no movement.
Remember that some lights require you to replace the Glock’s guide rod when installing. This decreases the gun’s bulk and weight, but it is a lot tougher to mount and requires far more effort. If you choose this type of light but are not comfortable installing it yourself, seek out the help of a gunsmith.
Before mounting your light, ensure you have installed the batteries, as accessing the battery compartment can prove complicated and fiddly when the light is already mounted on the rail.
Summary – Which Is the Best Light for Glock 19?
Where you plan to use the light and for what purpose are factors that will determine which of these four products is the best light for your Glock.
Nonetheless, if we have to choose the best well-rounded tactical light, it would be the Streamlight TLR-7 white light weapon light. Providing 500 lumens of white light is a brilliant option for indoor and outdoor use. Moreover, its low-profile, ambidextrous design gives supreme ease of use, and its construction is durable yet lightweight.
We hope this guide helps you navigate the vast array of Glock tactical lights out there and gives you assurance in choosing the best light for Glock 19 handguns.
Looking to continue upgrading your Glock? Read our review on the best aftermarket triggers next!