At a Glance: The Best Glocks For Home Defense In 2020
Comparison of The Best Glocks For Home Defense In 2020
Our Top Pick
|Agency Arms – Red Flat-faced Trigger Kit||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|Apex Tactical – Action Enhancement Trigger For Glock Gen5||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|Apex Tactical – Action Enhancement Trigger For Glocks Gen1-4||View Latest Price|
For years the AR15 has been the most personalized gun. Meanwhile, the reliable Glock pistol has given easy modification but only via stippling or sights. Aftermarket companies have recently created many new high-quality aftermarket upgrades adding more customizability to this favored handgun.
The array of new aftermarket options range from comps to flared mag well kits that will improve your aim, Glock fit, and deliver seamless operation. There is one particular upgrade, though, that has taken off in the Glock world. This is the Glock trigger.
No upgrade will change the feel of your Glock more than a high-quality aftermarket Glock trigger. In this article, we’ll show you how a trigger upgrade can up-level your Glock shooting and how to find the very best Glock trigger for your money.
Our Pick Of The 5 Best Glock Triggers On The Market In 2020
We’re here to assist you with upgrading your Glock and choosing the highest quality parts. That’s why we have picked the top 5 aftermarket Glock triggers to test and review. Our thorough evaluation, combined with a breakdown of each product’s pros and cons, will guide you in making a swift decision for your next Glock upgrade.
Agency Arms – Red Flat-faced Trigger Kit
The Agency Arms flat-faced trigger kit gives a smooth, consistent pull and a short, crisp reset. The flat-faced trigger features an eye-catching, red anodized finish and uses a drop-in installation.
This trigger kit will give you a noticeably smoother trigger pull with minimal pre-travel and a short, snappy, positive reset. The drop-in style means you can install the aftermarket trigger yourself in just a few minutes with no experience needed. This is one of the quickest and easiest Glock triggers to set up.
Agency Arms have combined a high-polish trigger bar and a Glock factory “minus” trigger connector to produce a consistent, even pull. At 3.5 lb, the pull is light enough to gain better accuracy yet safe enough to use on duty/carry pistols. Moreover, the critical factory safety lever function is fully maintained.
This trigger has been built using a sturdy all-aluminum trigger shoe which gives an extremely stable feel. Moreover, the flat face design reduces the contact area between the finger and trigger. This gives you more control by allowing you to position your finger higher or lower on the shoe for the precise amount of leverage.
The trigger is available in 3 configurations fitting models from generations 1 through to 4. I found this trigger to be far more superior over the stock trigger. The quality is good, the trigger pull is smooth, it’s aesthetically pleasing and installation is super easy.
- Easy to install
- Stylish, red design
- Gives a smooth, consistent pull and short, crisp reset
- Flat face design for better control
- The slide is heavier to pull due to the angular connector.
Apex Tactical – Action Enhancement Trigger For Glock Gen5
Apex Tactical’s Action enhancement trigger kit for Glock Gen 5 pistols is an easy drop-In upgrade for a smoother and lighter pull and a cleaner break. Coming from a reputable manufacturer, it’s machined from a robust, durable aluminum for added stability.
This trigger lightens the pull by approximately 1 lb while making it shorter and smoother too. This is then followed by a clean, decisive break, as well as a significantly reduced over-travel. The result is quicker reset and follow-up shots.
The kit includes Apex’s action enhancement trigger, Gen 5 trigger bar for quick and easy replacement, and an Apex performance connector. The center-mounted trigger has a pivoting safety tab for preserving the complete function of your Glocks trigger safety.
This trigger functions magnificently. It gives much less take-up than a stock trigger and is super smooth. It could easily be the best Glock trigger for shooters desiring a smoother, lighter, and more precise trigger pull. Moreover, it’s an ideal choice for competition shooting or duty/carry weapons.
- Very easy to install
- Gives a smooth, short and fairly light pull
- The break is very clean
- The construction feels tough and long-lasting
- Top choice for competition shooting
- Only compatible with Gen 5 Glocks
Apex Tactical – Action Enhancement Trigger For Glocks Gen1-4
This Apex Tactical action enhancement trigger is compatible with almost all Glock models, including the G43. This versatile trigger is a direct drop-in replacement of the factory polymer trigger.
The enhanced trigger reduces both pre-travel and overall trigger travel as well as trigger reset. Furthermore, it provides a smooth uptake and reset while delivering a crisp trigger break. The center-mounted pivoting safety maintains Glock’s renowned factory safety values too.
The biggest pro of this trigger is its vast compatibility. Unlike the previous Apex trigger that only works with Gen 5 Glocks, this model will work with many models except Gen 5 ones. It’s slightly cheaper than the Gen 5 trigger but doesn’t come with a trigger bar or connector.
This trigger is comfortable to use and straightforward to install. The quality and finish are nice. It looks good aesthetically but it looks and feels strong and durable too. You can couple it with an aftermarket connector to bring the trigger down to a consistent 4lb pull. Overall, this is a reliable choice that you can’t go wrong with.
- A versatile option – compatible with many Glocks
- Reduces trigger travel and reset
- Looks and feels nice
- Easy to install
- Gives a smooth uptake and reset
- Does not come with a trigger bar or connector
- Trigger NOT designed to function in the narrower frame of the model 42.
- Not for use with a Gen 4 Trigger Bar
ZEV Technologies – PRO flat face drop-in Glock trigger kit
ZEV Technologies was the first company to develop aftermarket triggers for Glocks. Now, after spending thousands of hours and hundreds of thousands of rounds in development time, ZEV has manufactured the all-new PRO flat face drop-in trigger kit.
This new aftermarket trigger incorporates numerous progressive advancements, including a proprietary trigger-bar design and a new connector which has been designed to produce an even crisper and cleaner trigger pull than before.
A major enhancement in the PRO trigger is durability. This is due to the riveted production process of the trigger pad which makes it one of the toughest and most-reliable designs available in 2020.
This trigger has been built with hard-anodized aluminum and is available in various sizes suiting many Glock models from Gen 1 to Gen 4. The kit consists of the riveted trigger, trigger bar, and PRO connector. Also included are a firing pin safety and spring, as well as a striker spring and trigger spring ejector housing.
Installing the trigger kit was a pleasant experience and it fitted together very smoothly. It gave a clean break and a nice reset to my Glock 9mm. Coming from a reputable industry expert, this is one of the best Glock triggers in terms of quality and reliability.
- Very high quality and state of the art product
- Very durable thanks to the riveted production process
- Greatly improves the break and reset
- Fits many Glock models from Gen 1 to Gen 4
- Contains everything you need for an easy installation
- A bit more expensive than the others
Zev Technologies – Pro Curved Face Trigger Upgrade Bar Kit For Glock Gen 5
Following on from the successful PRO flat-faced trigger, ZEV has created an even better Glock trigger suitable for Gen 5 models, including G26, G19, G17, G34, and G19X. Like the flat-faced model, this trigger features drop-in installation and rock-solid anodized aluminum construction.
The PRO trigger is created using ZEV’s new proprietary trigger bar and professional connector. These products deliver the crispest, cleanest trigger pull that you can find. Moreover, the trigger pad features a revolutionary riveted assembly process. This increases longevity, making it the most reliable aftermarket trigger for Gen 5 Glocks.
The curved trigger face features the same pivoting design as standard Glock triggers but the difference is the widened safety lever. The widened design gives quicker and more comfortable activation, giving you one less thing to worry about when taking precise shots.
I found using this trigger made the pull much crispier and it enabled me to drop the trigger pull rate from 6.7 pounds to 5.5 pounds. Installation was super easy too. It only took a couple of minutes with the straightforward drop-in installation method.
If you’re looking for a high-quality aftermarket trigger for your Gen 5 Glock, this one will deliver.
- Easy drop-in installation
- Highly rated in reliability and longevity
- Gives a very crisp pull
- Widened safety lever for quicker and more comfortable activation
- Reduces trigger pull weight
- Only compatible with Gen 5 Glocks
Why A Trigger Upgrade Is The Most Important Upgrade You Can Make
There are a few main reasons why Glock users choose to upgrade their triggers.
- One of the most common complaints about stock Glock triggers is that they feel gritty. This is because the stock parts have jagged edges and surfaces that cause the parts to skip and drag. This results in tension and resistance throughout the trigger pull.
- Glock factory parts produce a long take-up, mushy break, and an excessive amount of over-travel. This is less than satisfactory when your shooting situation requires speed.
- Upgrading your factory trigger will result in a faster, improved trigger pull. Upgrading to a high-quality trigger will give your Glock an impressively tight and quick sweep. This will allow for a snappier reset and quicker follow-up shot.
- Aftermarket Glock triggers have highly polished surfaces that glide freely. This creates a noticeable improvement straight away in the smoothness and consistency of the trigger pull.
- Shooters who upgrade the trigger will also see immediate results in better accuracy. The inconsistent long travel of a factory trigger can rob even experienced shooters of their optimal accuracy potential.
- Upgrading the trigger can also eliminate any trigger slap. Trigger slap is the stinging sensation of the trigger springing back or “slapping” the shooter’s trigger finger during firing.
How To Choose The Best Glock Trigger
By selecting the right trigger, you can ensure your gun performs how you want it to.
There are various types of triggers available. For example, some triggers are adjustable, and many are drop-in triggers housed in pre-assembled, ready-to-install groups.
The trigger that’s best for you will depend on your shooting purposes. Here are a few things you should look for in a top-quality trigger for your Glock:
- A smooth pull and cycling – A smooth trigger will allow you to press without any stopping and starting. It gives uninterrupted pressure motion from start to finish, increasing accuracy.
- A crisp, clean break that you can count on time after time – In a good trigger, there’s no mechanical pause or hesitation between the press and the actual release.
- Good trigger reset – Resetting the trigger is the key to firing multiple shots accurately and efficiently. A good trigger reset is easy and is vital for combative/defensive purposes.
- A shorter length of pull – Most aftermarket triggers will have a shorter length of pull than your standard factory trigger, which means higher accuracy.
Another aspect to consider is the pull weight, meaning the amount of pressure required for the trigger to break. For competition or target shooting, a light trigger is recommended, however, for other styles of shooting, a light trigger may not be the best or safest choice. This is because it can break with just a couple of pounds of pressure.
Summary – Which One Is The Best Glock Trigger In 2020?
Of course, the best Glock trigger for you will depend on which generation of Glock you use. For generations 1-4, I loved the Zev Technologies Pro Flat Face Drop-in Glock Trigger Kit. It is a little more expensive than its competitors but it comes with everything you need to install it quickly and easily, plus it rates the best in reliability and longevity.
For Gen 5 Glocks, the Apex Tactical Action Enhancement Trigger is the best Glock trigger for you. This product ticks all the right boxes. As well as simple installation, the construction is tough and long-lasting. The trigger gives a smoother and lighter pull and a cleaner break. Because it’s so durable, it’s well worth the cost.
As all 5 Glock triggers on this list are state of the art products, you’ll be content with whichever one you choose. I hope this guide has shown you how this easy upgrade can benefit your Glocks performance, and thus, increase your satisfaction with your gun.