At a Glance: The Best Glock Speed Loaders
- OUR TOP PICK: Makershot Custom Magazine Speed Loader
- Elite Tactical Systems CAM Magazine Speed Loader
- BEST BUDGET OPTION: Glock Magazine Speed Loader for 9mm/.40/.357/.380
Comparison of The Best Glock Speed Loaders Of 2021
Our Top Pick
|Makershot Custom Magazine Speed Loader||
||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|Elite Tactical Systems CAM Magazine Speed Loader||
||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|Glock Magazine Speed Loader for 9mm/.40/.357/.380||
||View Latest Price|
Loading bullets into a magazine by hand can be a time-consuming task. Thankfully, magazine speed loaders exist and make the loading process much faster and easier. However, while there are many Glock mag loaders on the market, not all of them are high-quality products.
Understanding what makes a top-quality speed loader and knowing what to look for will ensure you pick the best one for your Glock. This guide will help you do just that. Read on to discover all you need to know about Glock mag speed loaders, including the different types available, as well as what to look for to find the best speed loaders.
Our Guide to the Top 5 Glock Speed Loaders on the Market
The vast array of Glock products on the market can be overwhelming and confusing. That’s why we have tested the top 5 Glock speed loaders available this year. Testing each product has allowed us to provide you with a thorough review of the pros and cons of each product. This will help you effortlessly decide which Glock speed loader suits your shooting needs the most.
Makershot Custom Magazine Speed Loader
The Makershot custom magazine speed loader improves the speed and ergonomics of your mag loading and shooting. It not only makes loading much quicker but also more trouble-free, preventing sore fingers and thumbs.
These high-quality mag loaders are fine-tuned to over two dozen critical dimensions to custom fit your specific magazine. This ability to choose a loader for your Glock model and caliber results in superior fit, speed, comfort, and durability, compared to many of the competitors on the market.
The Makershot loader is handmade in the USA from a high-quality polymer construction. The product is a little tricky to get the hang off at first. You have to slide the round in as far as you can, then slide the MakerShot upward until the plastic clears the back of the round. A simple push with the thumb will then seat the round fully into the clip.
Although it’s not the easiest loader to use, the compact and lightweight design is a major plus. Moreover, the easy load-assist latch does a brilliant job of reducing strain on your fingers. Overall, it does what you need it to do for a very affordable price.
- Significantly prevents finger strain and soreness
- Compact, lightweight design makes it easy to carry around
- Custom made to fit your specific Glock
- Made in the USA
- Great value for money
- Not the easiest to use
Elite Tactical Systems CAM Magazine Speed Loader
The CAM magazine speed loader from Elite Tactical Systems loads pistol mags in seconds, with the least effort required. It features advanced features giving supreme ease of use, such as picking up rounds from the ammo tray for you, keeping your hands free from lead.
This universal speedloader works with both single and double-stack mags and is designed for 9MM, .40, .380, and .45 calibers. It is built from an extremely durable polymer that will hold up well, even after regular wear and tear. Furthermore, it’s compact and portable, which makes it convenient to fit in your bag and take to the range.
What makes the CAM speedloader one of the best Glock speed loaders is how quick and easy it is to operate. First, you seat all the magazines in the loader, then you use the rail to lift the rounds from the tray, before pulling the plunger to load the magazine.
This mag loader worked amazingly with my Glock, but it is worth noting that it does require a bit of force, and all the rounds have to be lined up well in the tray for it to work efficiently. If you’re looking to simplify the magazine loading process as much as possible, this is the speedloader for you.
- Makes the process extremely fast and easy
- Picks up the ammo to keep your hands clean
- A universal device that works on various rounds and magazines
- Compact and portable
- Durable, long-lasting construction
- All the rounds need to line up properly to function well
Glock Magazine Speed Loader for 9mm/.40/.357/.380
This Glock speed loader for 9mm magazines is compatible with many different Glock models and calibers. It is made from the same rugged, durable polymer that Glocks are built with. This is probably the most affordable mag loader you will find, and the cheapest accessory you can buy for your pistol.
It feels strong yet lightweight and uses the standard operation where you need to push each round in while the already-loaded rounds are held down for you. It’s compatible with the 9mm, .40, .357, .380 auto, and .45 GAP calibers, and will work with most Glock models apart from Glock .45 Auto, G42 Single Stack .380 Auto, or 10mm Magazine.
It may not boast all the cool features of other speedloaders on the market, but it still makes the loading process quicker, saves your fingers, and will last a long time, giving it a well-deserved spot on the list of best Glock Speed loaders.
- Manufactured by Glock using the classic Glock polymer
- Compatible with most Glock models and calibers
- Reduces strain on your thumbs and fingers
- Very lightweight
- The cheapest mag loader on the market
- Simple functioning with no advanced features
- Not compatible with Glock: .45 Auto, G42 Single Stack .380 Auto, or 10mm Magazine.
IJW Magazine loaders for Glock 42 and 43
The IJW Loaders makes loading magazines quick and easy for Glock 42 and 43 pistols. Made in the USA, it is injection plastic-molded from durable polycarbonate. This makes it smoother and more durable than any 3D printed loader.
With this product, the magazine loading process is a breeze, and it only takes one or two times to get the hang of its simple operation. Moreover, it’s simple, one-piece design makes it a very robust accessory, and it appears to be strong and durable enough to last a long time.
It’s not a fancy mag loader, but it is high-quality and does the job well for a low price. If you’re looking for a loader that’s simple to use but will protect your fingers and improve the loading process, this is a top product to consider.
- A strong, robust construction
- Will last a long time and resist wear and tear
- Smooth and easy to use
- Made in the USA
- Very simple with no advanced features
- Does not work with many Glock models
Caldwell Universal Pistol Loader
The Caldwell universal pistol loader features a solid fit magazine setting and multi-caliber operation for versatile use, and it loads your magazines two times faster than by hand.
This truly universal loader will work with 9mm, 10mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, and .45 ammunition. It’s also compatible with double stack extended, large single stack, large double stack, small double stack, and compact magazines, making it the most versatile mag loader on the list.
The numbered, adjustable side shims give easy magazine fitting, and the operation couldn’t be more straightforward. All you need to do is drop in the round and squeeze the handle with very little strength required.
The construction is just as impressive. The loader is made from polycarbonate with a die-cast aluminum handle. This results in a durable and stable device which ensures no flexing or movement of the mag and is undoubtedly the best Glock speed loader for compatibility.
- Ergonomic design
- An effortless operation which requires no force
- Holds magazines firmly in place
- Compatible with multiple calibers and magazines
- Makes the loading process 2 times faster
- Durable and long-lasting
- Takes some geting used to
What is a Glock Speed Loader?
Loading magazines by hand can be a painfully long and slow process. It’s also strenuous on the fingers and hands, especially when loading several magazines back to back. A magazine speed loader makes the task easier and faster, reducing manual loading efforts and saving you time.
- Glock magazine loaders are a useful accessories that help to speed up and simplify the loading and unloading process.
- The best Glock mag loaders will reduce hand strain and finger soreness commonly caused by multiple manual loads.
- When loading by hand, it can be easy to miss-load rounds, creating a higher potential for jamming when firing. Mag speed loaders reduce the chance of this.
- Mag loaders can also influence the overall weight of the weapon, making it heavier or lighter.
- There are different types of speed loaders for different guns, but they all work in generally the same way. The speed loader is placed over the opening of the magazine. It works by pushing down the loaded cartridges, which makes it easier to insert the next round.
How to Choose the Best Glock Speed Loader
There are a few key aspects you should consider when choosing a Glock magazine speed loader. Here’s what to look for before making your purchase.
There are different styles of speed loaders that operate in different ways. The particular mechanism of a loader will determine how much it speeds up the loading process.
Of course, how long you take to set up and operate the machine will also impact how fast the process will be. The best way to get a sense of how much time a mag loader will save you is to read reviews from other users or credible websites.
You should also consider the frequency and quantity of loading you will need to do. Some mag loaders will only allow you to feed a single round at a time. Others have the ability for you to simply drop them all in and pull the handle, without the need for pre-staging them.
The materials used to build the machine will play a huge role in how durable and reliable the loader is. Therefore, this is a vital aspect to look into.
- It’s recommended to opt for models made from a durable material like polymer. If a loader has a strong build, it can continue to do its job over and over again without wearing down or breaking.
- There are some awesome compact and lightweight mag loaders on the market that give great portability and ease of use while maintaining a strong and durable construction.
- A big, heavy machine doesn’t necessarily mean it is well constructed, but a top-quality heavy-duty loader can be one of the most robust and enduring machines that will serve you well for many years.
Some loaders are extremely easy to use while others are much more difficult and require a lot of force. If you’re not very strong or you struggle with arthritis in your hands, look for a loader that is operated by squeezing instead of pushing down. A loader like this requires little to no strength to operate it.
Before purchasing any speed loader, ensure it will work with your specific pistol and caliber. Contrary to what their name suggests, even universal speed loaders are not compatible with every Glock model so check before you buy to avoid disappointment and frustration.
Which is The Best Glock Speed Loader?
There are some worthy contenders on this list. Even so, the one that stood out the most for me was the Elite Tactical Systems CAM magazine speed loader. This is not just the fastest loader I tested, but it ticks all the boxes of what I want from a speed loader for my Glock.
Along with its speed, it is extremely easy to use and doesn’t require any strength or force to operate. What’s more, it has some very cool advanced features such as picking up the ammo from the tray, yet despite the high tech ability, the construction is tough and durable.
I hope this article has helped you understand how a magazine loader can improve the reloading process, and you now know how to recognize the best Glock speed loaders.
Leave a Reply