At a Glance: The 10 Best Range Bags & Cases
- OUR TOP PICK: Orca Tactical Gun Range Bag
- RUNNER UP: Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Double Long Rifle Bag
- BEST BUDGET OPTION: ProCase Pistol Bag
Comparison of The 10 Best Range Bags & Cases
Our Top Pick
|Orca Tactical Gun Range Bag||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Double Long Rifle Bag||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|ProCase Pistol Bag||View Latest Price|
Having the Best Range Bag for your gear is key to making your trip to the range convenient and enjoyable. A great bag will protect your weapon, optics, and other accessories from getting banged up during transport. We have compiled a list of the 10 best range bags and cases to help you find the right one for you.
Our Guide to the 10 Best Range Bags Reviewed
When looking for a range bag, you will find that the market is flooded with options, which can make your decision challenging. Fortunately, we have narrowed things down to 10 high-quality rang bag choices. Every item on our list is well made and user-friendly, so you know you are getting a product that will last. Let’s get started.
Orca Tactical Gun Range Bag
Our first entry for best range bags is a soft-sided pistol bag. The Orca Tactical Range Bag is one of the toughest bags on our list. It is made from durable 600D polyester that is both water-resistant and scratch-proof.
It can easily hold 3 pistols and all the essential gear to go with them. You will have your choice of handle or shoulder strap carry. The handles are padded and oversized to accommodate larger shooters. The Orca kept all of my gear neatly organized and securely hold it in place while going to and from the range.
- Specs: Water-resistant, lockable YKK zippers
- Material: 600D polyester blend
- Storage: Large internal pocket and several exterior Velcro pockets
- Dimensions: 16″X11″X9″
- Available Colors: Black, Black/Pink, OD Green, Coyote Brown
- Accessories: Shoulder Strap, Morale Patch, Internal elastic to hold pistols in place
- Water Resistant
- Oversized straps for larger shooters
- Can display morale patches for personalization
- Money-back guarantee
- Only one size option
Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Double Long Rifle Bag
Our second favorite range bag is the first of the three rifle cases on our list. This is a true do-it-all rifle bag that can withstand even the harshest of applications.
The Savior Equipment American Classic can hold two long guns and two pistols. Not only that, but it has enough accessory pockets to carry all your gear and ammo. It gives you the option of carrying it with a sturdy handle or by wearing it like a backpack.
This bag even has MOLLE straps for additional gear storage. This is by far the most versatile bag on our list and is ideal for hunting.
- Specs: Lockable zippers, heavy-duty design
- Material: 600D PVC
- Storage: 2 pistol pockets, 3 gear pockets, 1 large rifle pocket that can hold 2 long guns
- Dimensions: Available in 36″, 46″, or 55″ length. All sizes are 12″ wide
- Available Colors: Dark green camo, FDE tan, Obsidian black, OD green, and SW gray
- Accessories: Backpack straps, carry handle, MOLLE attachment points
- Can hold up to four guns
- Plenty of room for your gear
- MOLLE attachments
- 5 color options
- Durable and water-resistant
- Backpack style carry system is ideal for hunting and long treks
- Can weigh in excess of 50lbs when fully loaded
ProCase Pistol Bag
Our third pistol range bag is compact and features a convenient shoulder strap. It is easy to carry and will safely keep all of your gear in place throughout the day. It can even accept small MOLLE pouches on the side. I like to stash a tourniquet on one side, just in case of an emergency.
If you are looking for simplicity and comfort, this bag is the way to go. If you are looking to make a quick trip to the range, it can accommodate your pistol, some ammo, and safety gear. You can even squeeze in some gun oil and cleaning equipment.
- Specs: Heavy-duty zippers, durable construction
- Material: Water-resistant oxford fabric
- Storage: 1 handgun plus gear
- Dimensions: 16.9″ x 9.84″ x 9.84″
- Available Colors: Black
- Accessories: Carry handle and shoulder strap, MOLLE webbing, insulated water bottle holder
- Adjustable dividers
- Easy to store 3-4 Pistols
- Can accept MOLLE pouches
- Built to last
- 2 color option
DBTAC Do More & Be More Gun Case
Our fourth pistol bag is the DBTAC Do More & Be More case. This soft-sided bag offers several compartments and can easily carry two full-framed pistols and all the essentials. It offers some configuration flexibility with the MOLLE siding, allowing you to add additional pouches as needed.
This bag also comes with an attachment point for a morale patch, allowing you to make it your own. While it serves well as a range back, it is also an excellent choice for hiking or hunting. You can stow a pistol, a few magazines, and some bare necessities for a day-trip in the woods.
- Specs: Lockable zippers, easy to reach nylon loops
- Material: 600D polyester fabric
- Storage: 4 mesh pockets within the large compartment. Small front compartment, MOLLE utility pouch
- Dimensions: 15″X7.5″X8″
- Available Colors: Black, Black Camo, Gray, OD Green, Coyote Tan
- Accessories: US Flag Morale Patch, MOLLE utility pouch
- MOLLE allows flexible configuration
- Can be used for various applications
- 5 color options
- Lockable zippers
- Morale Patches allow for personalization
- Shoulder strap is uncomfortable when carrying a heavy load
Osage River Range Bag
Our next selection is the Osage River Range Bag. This versatile pistol bag has tons of storage and is lightweight. You can really make it your own with adjustable dividers and 9 total storage pockets.
When going to the range, you can store everything you need for a day of shooting. It has plenty of room for your pistols, ammo, safety gear, and even your cleaning kit. As an added bonus, Osage offers it in a “light duty” and standard size, depending on preference. This bag is plenty tough enough for any application, including hunting trips and lengthy excursions.
- Specs: 2 removable pistol pouches, shoulder carry strap and handle
- Material: 600D Ballistic Nylon
- Storage: 9 storage pockets
- Dimensions: 18″X13″X10″ for standard and 13.5″X10.5″X7.5″ for light duty
- Available Colors: black, tan, gunmetal grey, OD green, and pink
- Accessories: adjustable dividers
- Multiple pockets
- Two carry options
- Adjustable dividers
- 5 color options
- Zippers could be more durable
Savior Equipment Specialist Series Tactical Double Handgun Case
If you want the option to carry multiple handguns, but would still like a more compact range bag, our third pick is just what you are looking for. This double pistol case by Savior Equipment is durable, easy to store and CHEAP.
It is equipped with two pockets, the larger of which can accommodate two full-sized pistols. The handguns are divided with padded sidewalls to keep your gear free from scratches and other damage. In between the dividers is room to store up to six pistol magazines. Each magazine is held in place with an elastic band.
The secondary pocket, while small, is perfect for storing the essentials, such as eyes and ears. You can also store a small adjustment tool if your pistol is equipped with an RMR or other aftermarket accessories.
- Specs: Lockable zippers, Comfortable carry handles
- Material: 600D PVC Shell
- Storage: 2 pistols, 6 magazines
- Dimensions: 13″X9″X5.5″
- Available Colors: Dark FDE, Obsidian Black, OD Green
- Accessories: Internal Elastic Retainers, Spacious Front Pocket
- PVC Shell is ultra-durable
- Padded internals and elastic keep gear secure
- 3 color options
- Limited room for ammunition
Flambeau Outdoors 6500AR Tactical Gun Case
Our next selection is an ultra-durable hard-sided gun case made by Flambeau Outdoors. This rugged case can withstand the elements while keeping your rifle safe and secure. It includes internal Velcro straps so that your gun will not slide or shift in transit. It is lockable and TSA compliant.
The case includes two magazine storage dividers so that you can store everything you need for your rifle. The foam dividers are even removable, in case you need to store larger items underneath, such as boxes of ammo.
- Specs: TSA compliant, Contains corrosion-resistant tablets
- Material: Polymer
- Storage: Can store one rifle plus multiple magazines
- Dimensions: 40″ X 12″ X 5″ Weighs 2.2lbs
- Available Colors: Black
- Accessories: Zerust tablets, removable storage foam
- Provides corrosion protection
- TSA compliant
- Magazine storage
- 1 color choice
- Can only hold one rifle
- No carry straps, handle only
US Peacekeeper Pistol Case
Next up is by far the most compact and budget friendly option on our list. The US Peacekeeper Pistol Case is a great option if you already have a backpack or range bag you love but need something to better isolate and protect your pistols.
These easy-to-use cases add an extra layer of padding to keep the finish of your pistols free from scratches or wear. I would definitely recommend them, especially if you have invested in a pistol red dot optic or laser sight.
- Specs: Available in 3 sizes: small, medium, and large
- Material: 600 denier water-resistant fabric
- Storage: 1 pistol
- Dimensions: Large: 13″X7″
- Available Colors: Black
- Accessories: N/A
- 3 size options
- Will protect from impact or abrasive damage
- Smaller pouches can fit in a pocket
- No extra storage space
- 1 color option
Eylar Tactical Hard Gun Case
This gun case is a great choice for the well-traveled shooter. The Eylar hard-sided case is TSA-approved and lockable, which means that you can take your pistol with you anywhere. Not only that, but this case is waterproof and shockproof, so you know your gun is safe and secure.
It is lined with high-quality foam, which features a cutout for your pistol and an additional magazine. While it is intended for full-framed pistols, the foam lining and secure fit of the case will keep smaller handguns in place as well.
- Specs: Hard-sided with carrying handle, 2.64lbs
- Material: Polypropylene
- Storage: 1 gun and magazine
- Dimensions: 11.81″ x 8.87″ x 5.18″
- Available Colors: Blue, Gray, Light Blue, Pink, Red, Tan, Yellow, Neon Green, OD Green, Polar White
- Accessories: Foam lining
- Shock Resistant
- Chemical Resistant
- 10 color choices
- Foam protects handgun from wear
- Only holds 1 gun and magazine
VISM by NCStar Tactical Shotgun Scabbard
This is one of the last range bags I reviewed. It is technically a scabbard, it is still a great option for both range trips and hunting. If you have no idea what the difference is, you are not alone. A scabbard is simply a style of bag that allows you to slide your gun out of a side opening.
These are convenient because it is much quieter and faster than unzipping or unlatching a traditional case. Imagine you are in a blind and want to set your gun down while you take a break. If your luck is like mine, your prey will likely trot out as soon as you get your gun put away. If you have a scabbard, you can redeploy your shotgun without scaring off your target.
This particular scabbard has attachment points for additional gear and a comfortable shoulder strap, too. These additions allow you to carry all your needed supplies in a single bag.
- Specs: D-rings, padded case to protect your gear
- Material: PVC
- Storage: 1 shotgun
- Dimensions: 35″X6″ 0.75″ thick
- Available Colors: Black, Digital Camo, OD Green, Tan, Woodland Camo, New Edition Black
- Accessories: Padded shoulder strap, MOLLE attachments
- Silent deployment
- Molle attachments
- Can accommodate most shotguns
- Comfortable to carry
- Snug enough to keep your gun securely in place
- Will not fit 24″ barrel shotguns, due to length
What Should You Keep in a Range Bag?
As always, choosing the right product starts with your goals as a shooter. If you are still pretty new to firearms ownership and are focusing on the basics of pistol shooting, then one of our simpler options is probably your best bet. On the other hand, the avid hunter or experienced gun owners that like to take multiple guns with them on every trip to the range will need a larger bag.
Either way, there are a few essentials that should be in every range bag, such as:
- Extra ammo (if possible)
- Eyes and Ears (Hearing and eye protection)
- Basic cleaning supplies
With the exception of the standalone pistol pouch, every other option on our list can accommodate these items. However, some of the smaller cases may limit how much additional ammo you can carry within the bag.
Generally, I like to opt for a mid-size carrying case because I want to have all of these essentials with me and rarely ever bring just one gun to the range. I also like to carry some basic medical supplies with me. Even if you are at an indoor range, it’s just a good habit to have. A tourniquet and some Quick-Clot are all you need unless you are out in the wilderness.
Having your bag packed and ready to go will save you time and energy when headed out to the range. It will leave you more time to actually enjoy your shooting experience and will also save you from having to rent gear at the facility. Few things are more annoying than having to pay $3 for a pair of 0.25 cent foamie earplugs.
Stow and Go
I’ll be honest with you, this one was a pretty easy decision. The Savior Equipment American Classic is one of the most intuitive and easy-to-use rifle bags that I have ever encountered. Its durability and excellent storage capacity make it great for shooters of any experience level. On a side note, the Orca Tactical Range Bag is my pick for the pistol-only gun owners.
What really put the American Classic over the top was the backpack-style carrying system. When you are out on a hunt and hiking away from camp, you need to be able to keep your hands free. The MOLLE attachment system allows you to add food, water, and medical supplies to your pack for optimal convenience. If you own long guns, this range bag is one of the best investments you’ll ever make.