At a Glance: The Best Under the Bed Gun Safes
Comparison of The Best Under the Bed Gun Safes
Our Top Pick
|Hornady Rapid AR Gunlocker Safe||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|Monster Vault Dual Lock Under Bed Safe||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|Moutec Under Bed Rapid Access Gun Safe||View Latest Price|
If you’re looking to purchase a safe to protect your gun from unauthorized users and keep you and your family safe, you’ll want one that fits nicely under your bed. Under the bed gun safes provide the easiest access to your weapon in the middle of the night, should an intruder show up.
Keeping your weapon safe under your bed will also keep it out of sight, and it will be less likely to rust than if it was in a closet or mounted to a wall. In this article, we’ll explain how to find the best under the bed gun safe and the features it should have.
Our Guide to The Top 9 Under the Bed Gun Safes On The Market
To assist you further, we have taken the 9 best under the bed gun safes available in 2021 and tested and reviewed them all. Read on to discover which low profile under bed storage safes rate the highest in security, quality, quick-access, ease of use, and more.
Hornady Rapid AR Gunlocker Safe
The AR gunlocker safe by Hornady encompasses the same high-level tamper-proof security as their other RAPiD gun safes but with a fully enclosed design, which fits up to two tactical length rifles or shotguns. It utilizes an RFID tag locking system for quick and effortless access.
The low-profile design along with the front-end spring loaded door make it super easy to grab your gun from an under a bed position. Inside the safe are foam rack inserts that hold your weapon in place without it touching the safe floor, thus eliminating any chance of scratching or damage if the safe gets dropped during transport.
The AR gunlocker safe is built from 14 gauge steel and given a grey finish. It features two hardened steel lugs in the lock and comes with a steel tethering cable for securing it down. The USA made gun safe measures 6.75″ (H) x 42″ (L) x 15.25″ (W).
The RFID sensor reads up to 5 individual cards, and there is electronic keypad access too, which can be configured with a four or six-digit code. The safe will operate with batteries or via a power outlet, but you may need an extension lead for the latter as the cord is short.
This is one of the strongest models we came across, and the tamper-proof lock and heavy-duty door make it a top choice for safety. Its interior racks are a nice touch too, especially if you plan to use the safe to transport your firearms.
- High security, tamper-proof safe
- Speedy RFID entry for 5 tags
- Comes with a steel tethering cable for securing down
- Low-profile design for under the bed placement and access
- Interior foam racks for protection
- The door opening is quite loud, and there is no silent entry option
Monster Vault Dual Lock Under Bed Safe
The Monster Vault dual lock under bed safe features a digital combination lock that can be programmed with a 3 to 8-digit code, as well as a keypress silent option for discreet entry. The durable safe boasts a double-wall “cold rolled” steel construction, and the full extension heavy-duty ball-bearing drawer glides smoothly for trouble-free, reliable entry.
The electronic locking system unlocks and opens the door in as little as 2 seconds, and there is a manual key for back-up access too. The indestructible exterior is finished with a durable black powder coating. There are also pre-drilled mounting holes for the option to mount the safe to the floor.
This large capacity, low profile under bed storage device weighs 140 lbs and measures 48″ (L) x 28″ (W) x 7″ (H). The deep drawer allows storage of up to 4 long rifles and/or numerous handguns, plus plenty of space for other valuables too. Moreover, Monster Vault are so confident of their safety product that they offer a 7-year warranty.
The walls and door of this safe are super thick and will definitely keep your average thief out. Another thing I liked about this model is the option to silence the beeping for quiet access when you need it. If you’re looking for a highly secure, thief-proof gun safe with fast, discreet access in emergencies, this is the best under the bed gun safe for you.
- Gives fast entry in less than 2 seconds
- Option for silent access
- Double-wall “cold rolled” steel construction for high-security and tamper resistance
- Large-capacity safe for storing multiple firearms
- Soft, fabric-lined interior
- Comes with a 7-year warranty
Moutec Under Bed Rapid Access Gun Safe
The Moutec under bed guns safe operates with a digital combination lock for quick and reliable access to your weapon. The safe is crafted from 16 gauge steel and 3 solid steel locking bolts, making it tamper and pry-resistant.
The steel walls and tamper-resistant inner edges of this safety box give durable wall-to-wall protection that will last for years. Furthermore, its 3 built-in steel deadbolts create a 3 point locking system that will keep both children and thieves out.
The low profile design makes it ideal for placing under your bed, and the safe is big enough to fit one rifle, several pistols, ammo, and a magazine or two. The external measurements are 46.8″(W) x 15.5″(D) x 6.7″ (H). The safe comes with two manual back-up keys should the batteries run out.
A unique feature of this product is the built-in automatic LED light that stays on for 20 seconds after entering your code, allowing you to clearly see and take your weapon in the middle of the night.
Overall, this safe by Moutec is incredibly strong, quick, and easy to operate, and the door opens smoothly. It is made extremely well with high-quality materials, which results in a durable, secure, and pry-resistant safety box.
- Solid steel walls with tamper-resistant edges
- Tough and durable locking bolts and 3 point locking system
- Silent entry mode
- Automatic LED light inside safe
- Fast and smooth operation
- Spacious enough for one rifle or multiple handguns
Titan Fail-Safe Mechanical Handgun Vault
The Titan fail-safe handgun vault is made to military standards using 14 gauge hardened steel and is approved by the DOJ. This rugged pistol vault is built to last and features an all mechanical operation with a push-button combination lock for simple but reliable gun access.
What makes this safe stand out is that it incorporates Titan’s patented spring-loaded, auto-delivery holster. This delivers the gun directly into your hand within 2 seconds of opening the safe! The unique design also ensures that your finger remains off the trigger when you remove the gun from the holster.
The safe measures 12½” (L) x 8″ (W) x 2¾” (H) and will accommodate guns up to 10″ long without accessories. It comes with two different patented mounting plates for mounting onto the floor under your bed. Titan provides a lifelong warranty on all their products, so you can rest assured that this is a worthwhile investment.
In summary, the build and design of this pistol vault are both top-notch. Titan takes security seriously, and with this product, it shows. Not only is the construction strong and secure, but it’s rugged and durable too, and will continue to serve you well for years to come. For those who prefer a simple locking system over biometrics, we believe this is the best under the bed gun safe with a mechanical operation.
- Hardened steel construction made to military standards
- Reliable, fail-proof operation
- Quick access auto-delivery holster fitted inside
- Meets California DOJ and TSA requirements
- Lifelong warranty included
- Will only fit one gun
Snapsafe Slideout Under Bed Gun Safe
The SS Auxillary under-bed gun safe from SnapSafe operates by a digital keypad lock that can be programmed with a 3 to 8 digit access code. This small but heavy-duty case features a 100 lb rated slide-out drawer for storing your firearms along with other valuables.
This security device from SnapSafe is built with 14-gauge steel. It has four pre-drilled mounting holes to permanently bolt the safe down, and a robust 3-foot cable, allowing you to secure the box to a stationary object. The safe also comes with a backup key for override access.
The design of the safe makes it an ideal low profile under bed storage solution, but it also gives perfect placement on a bedside table or in a drawer. The safe measures 48″ wide x 7″ high x 24″ deep.
The safe is tough and sturdy, and it locks effectively, but it is not the most pry-proof choice. That being said, if you want a well-constructed, heavy-duty safe to store your gun and keep safe from children, this will serve you just fine.
- Heavy-duty, pry-resistant door
- Door glides smoothly
- Pre-drilled mounting holes
- Comes with a robust cable for anchoring
- Easy to program the combination code
- Not as pry-resistant as other safes
- Loud beeping when entering access code – no quiet entry
RPNB Quick-Access Pistol Safe with RFID Lock
The RPNB quick-access pistol safe uses high-tech RFID fob and card access along with a backlit 4-digit keypad access option that can store over 20,000 unique combinations, as well as two manual keys.
The sturdy steel construction provides long-lasting strength and prevents corrosion, with a pry-resistant door, durable dual-layer steel housing, and seamlessly welded pry-proof steel body to give the utmost anti-theft protection. The interior is lined with foam for scratch prevention, and the shock-proof carrying handle design further protects your firearms.
The safe easily holds two full-size handguns and features an automatic lid opening for speedy entry. It operates on 4 AA alkaline batteries and comes with two anchor bolts for mounting the safe to a flat surface.
This safe was easy to program and use. It feels extremely strong and sturdy too, which gives you peace of mind that burglars could not break into it. There is also an option to silence the keypad for discreet entry. Overall, this is a top-quality, highly secure safety device that fits perfectly under your bed, and thus it could easily be the best under the bed gun safe on the market.
- RFID fob and card for rapid access
- Additional keypad entry and manual keys
- Automatic lid opening
- Option for silent entry
- Extremely secure – pry-resistant door, dual-layer steel housing, and welded pry-proof steel body
- Easy set-up and operation
RPNB Mounted Firearm Safety Device with Biometric Fingerprint
The RPNB quick access firearm safe has a unique slim, vertical design that is ideal for mounting both under a bed and a bedside table. It can conveniently mount from the right, left, or top side.
The safe operates using either biometric fingerprint access or the easily programmable electronic keypad that allows you to program your chosen code in an instance. These high-tech locking mechanisms result in single-handed operation and fast-activation via the drop-down drawer. Your stored pistol then delivers to you in the ready position in fractions of a second.
Both the appearance and build quality of the safe is excellent. The sturdy steel construction and sleek, black finish gives long-lasting strength and prevents corrosion. Moreover, with such precise fittings, an intruder can’t pry open the safe with hand tools.
The inside of the safe hasn’t been forgotten. There is a protective foam-lined interior to protect your weapons from scratching or damage. What’s more, the battery-operated safe will warn you when the batteries need to be changed, and there is a key included for manual access too.
The fingerprint technology works flawlessly. The only thing it’s missing is a silent access mode that removes the beep open opening. Despite this, if you’re looking for a reliable but affordable gun safe that gives you speedy access to your pistol in an emergency, this could be the best under the bed gun safe for that purpose.
- Fast and flawless, biometric access
- Additional key entry option
- Unique design for mounting under a bedside table or desk
- Well constructed for strength and durability
- Protective foam-lined padding inside
- Does not give silent entry
Sentrysafe Gun Safe with Digital Keypad and Interior Lights
The SentrySafe QAP2EL gun safe features a digital keypad dual-locking system, giving quick, reliable, and single-handed entry, as well as interior gun safe lights to illuminate your weapon and allow you to access it without additional lighting.
Measuring 9.8 x 16.4 x 3.2 inches, this SentrySafe security box will hold two standard pistols or one large handgun and ammunition. The solid steel walls and pry-resistant door result in long-lasting strength and prevent unwanted access from thieves and children.
The compression gas strut opens the lid automatically for discreet entry, so you can quickly grab your gun with one hand in an emergency. Inside the safe, you will find a foam-lined interior to protect your handguns from scratching or damage. The safe comes with two bolts to mount it down but no security cable.
When testing I had no issues with the operation, but some customers have reported problems with the gas strut, so it does not rate the highest in reliability. Nonetheless, the safe seems strong and solid and has some great features such as the interior lights.
- Auto open lid for single-handed access
- Interior lights
- Solid, pry-resistant construction
- Foam-lined interior
- Does not come with a security cable
- The gas strut may not be completely reliable
Hornady Rapid Night Guard Safe
The Hornady RAPiD Night Guard gun safe uses high-tech RFID technology for speedy, touch-free access to your firearm, along with superior security. The safe comes with four patented RFID biometric tags that unlock the safe faster than any keypad can.
Another unique selling point of the Night Guard safe is the additional clock function and USB charging ports, which make it perfect for your nightstand or under your bed. Along with the advanced technology, the safe has a strong, tamper-proof steel construction, including heavy-duty exterior housing and hardened interior locking lugs.
Other features include the discreet glass-tempered display panel with an access code keypad for an additional entry option and the spring-assist drawer that slides open smoothly and quietly to reveal a padded interior for protecting your gun from scratching and damage.
The safe will operate with either AC or battery power, and there is a key included for manual override. Measuring 10.5″ (H) x 12″ (W) x 3″ (D), the Night Guard safe will fit most full-sized handguns with some additional space for other valuables. Moreover, the safe offers top-notch security with the 1500-pound-rated security cable and pre-drilled mounting holes.
It’s not the easiest to program, but it does have one of the strongest constructions out of all the small gun safes we tested. What’s more, the RFID tags give the most rapid entry possible, allowing you to access your gun instantly in an emergency.
- RFID technology gives rapid, touch-free access
- Heavy-duty, tamper-proof construction
- Also functions as a clock and USB charging port
- Gives a high level of security
- Includes a 1500-pound-rated security cable and pre-drilled mounting holes
- Not the easiest to program
Things to Consider While Buying an Under the Bed Gun Safe
When buying a gun safe to keep under your bed, there are certain things you should look for. As well as having a slim, compact size, the gun safe you choose should be of the highest quality and performance, along with offering great ease of use and quick access. Let’s explore these factors further.
Most safes will feature a manual, electronic, or biometric locking mechanism, and some will have more than one type of access system.
- A manual mechanism will usually consist of a combination lock. This is the most basic type of locking system. It requires no power supply or batteries, so it’s simple to operate, but it doesn’t offer the most rapid entry.
- An electronic/digital mechanism will typically use a passcode. This type of lock gives quicker and easier access than manual locks and does not require re-locking every time.
- Biometric technology is a more advanced locking system which will generally use fingerprint or key fob access. These safes give the fastest access, and many offer silent entry too, but they are also the most expensive safes.
The locking mechanism you choose comes down to personal preference, as well as what you want from your gun safe.
Size and Capacity
When buying an under the bed safe, the size is one of the most important considerations.
- Firstly, it needs to be slim enough to be able to slide in and out with ease. However, it still needs to have sufficient space for your firearm and any accessories it may have.
- If you may want to store ammo other valuables such as passports, jewelry, or money, you should look for a large capacity gun safe such as a 2 or 3 gun safe.
- Be sure to check the measurements of the safe and your gun to avoid purchasing a safe that is too small.
Practically all low profile under bed storage gun safes are made from steel. However, not all steel gun safes are strong, sturdy, and durable.
- The quality of the material largely comes down to the gauge. This is a measure of the thickness of the steel used in the walls of the safe.
- The smaller the gauge number, the thicker the steel. So, thicker gauge steel (10 and 12 gauge) is superior to lighter, thinner gauge steel (14 and 16 gauge steel).
- Thick steel creates a heavy and strong gun safe. The lock of a heavy steel safe is hard to damage, and 7-10 gauge steel is drill-resistant.
- That being said, other factors like pry-resistant doors and seamless welding will increase the quality of the safe, and therefore, the security.
Ease of Use
You want an under the bed gun safe that gives quick and easy access to your firearms in emergencies. User reviews are a good place to learn about the ease of use of a safe and how well it serves in an emergency.
- In terms of speed, fingerprint entry safes tend to be the fastest.
- Some of the best bedside gun safes will have an automatic opening feature that allows one-handed access. This means you can stick your hand under the bed, use your fingerprint to open the safe, and pull out your weapon.
- Features such as interior lights and backlit keypads will improve the ease of use too, especially when operating the safe at night.
- The advancement of technology means we continue to see improvements to the usability of electronic devices. Some gun safes can now be controlled and managed by smart app technology. This gives you the capability to check the battery level, view access history, be notified of tamper incidents, and even grant access, all from an interactive app.
The Best Under the Bed Gun Safe In 2021
There are a handful of strong contenders on this list, making it difficult to narrow it down to just one. However, considering everything, we feel the best under the bed gun safe is the RPNB quick-access pistol safe with RFID lock
The safe has it all. It gives the fastest access without making a sound and boasts the strongest theft-prevention. What’s more, it gives multiple entry options, with an RFID fob and card, digital keypad, and manual keys, plus, the auto-open lid opens the safe in a flash, allowing one-handed entry.
Regardless of our choice, all the gun safes on our list are high-quality products that will serve you well. Therefore, we hope this article will give you the confidence and knowledge required to choose the best under the bed gun safe for your particular needs.