At Glance: Best AR-15 Foregrip Bipods
- OUR TOP PICK: FAB Defense T-POD G2 quick-release foregrip with bipod
- Hvlystory tactical foregrip bipod
- BEST BUDGET OPTION: Playingg 6-9 inch tactical rifle bipod
Comparison of Best AR-15 Foregrip Bipods
Our Top Pick
|FAB Defense T-POD G2 quick-release foregrip with bipod||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|Hvlystory tactical foregrip bipod||View Latest Price|
Our Top Pick
|Playingg 6-9 inch tactical rifle bipod||View Latest Price|
As an AR-15 shooter, you’ll know these rifles are the most customizable weapon platform on the market. AR-15s can be upgraded and customized with a ton of innovative aftermarket accessories. This essentially allows you to create your perfect rifle.
Unless you’re an avid customizer, you’ll most likely prefer to choose just the handful of upgrades that will benefit your shooting experience the most. One of these upgrades is the 2-in-1 foregrip bipod. This is a combination of a foregrip and a bipod, also commonly referred to as an AR-15 foregrip bipod.
In this article, I will break down exactly what a foregrip bipod can offer, which features make it a high-quality gadget, and what the best AR-15 foregrip bipods currently on the market are. To help with this, I’ve tested and reviewed 5 of the best AR-15 foregrip bipods that money can buy. I’ve rated their performance, ease of use, durability, and features, to best assist you in customizing your AR-15 the best way possible.
FAB Defense T-POD G2 quick-release foregrip with bipod
The FAB Defense T-POD G2 allows you to engage close-range targets and gives a quick transition to longer-range precision targets. The uniquely designed foregrip transforms into a fully functional bipod in an instant by the simple push of a button.
The bipod has a wide-angle leg stance that offers stability and enhances combat positioning. The legs can be adjusted to 5 different lengths, allowing you to adjust according to the terrain and shooting conditions, plus it gives extra stability for the most uneven surfaces. The legs are secured with dual quick-release wingnuts.
The non-slip texture and ventilated design of the foregrip will prevent moisture build-up on your hand. The AR-15 foregrip bipod also features a double-sided pressure switch housing giving you the option to easily mount flashlights on your weapon.
The gadget can easily be installed with a QD or bolt locking mechanism. It has grooves and etchings on different points to ensure systematic weight reduction without compromising on durability. It is manufactured with high-quality aviation-grade aluminum, steel, and reinforced polymer composite.
Despite all these amazing features, what makes the T-POD G2 stand out the most is it’s tilting capabilities. This is one of the few AR-15 foregrip bipods that can be rotated. It gives a maximum angle rotation of 45 degrees left or right of the center, letting you follow your target without having to adjust your rifle.
The T-POD G2 offers durable construction, high functionality, and an aesthetically pleasing design, plus it can be used for tactical and hunting purposes. This makes it easily one of the best AR-15 foregrip bipods on the market.
- Quick deployment
- Non-Slip ventilated grip design
- Legs can adjust to 5 different lengths
- Tiltable bipod
- Durable construction using a mix of materials
- Suits both tactical and hunting purposes
Hvlystory tactical foregrip bipod
The tactical foregrip bipod from Hvlystory is a very lightweight and compact option, weighing just 12 oz, therefore, it’s easy to carry and doesn’t add much weight to your AR15.
It features a folding vertical grip and an adjustable spring design with 5 leg lengths to choose from. I found this to be the highlight of this AR-15 foregrip bipod, as it allows you to quickly release and adjust to the length you need.
Deployment is lightning fast and you can change between the two functions with just the push of a button. While this AR-15 foregrip bipod is compact, lightweight, and easy to use, it doesn’t have the abundance of features that other products on the list do.
The construction is also not as sturdy and strong as others. The legs are manufactured from aluminum, but the body is made from plastic. From testing, it seems this AR-15 foregrip bipod may not hold up as long as the others. That being said, it is a very affordable option and will serve as a good combined bipod and foregrip for casual shooters on a budget.
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to use and deploy
- Easily to mount on any Picatinny rail
- Adjustable spring design
- 5 adjustable leg lengths
- Low price, a good ‘budget’ option
- Lacks the features of other AR-15 foregrip bipods
- Construction could be stronger
Playingg 6-9 inch tactical rifle bipod
This model from Playingg is another great budget AR-15 foregrip bipod. This AR-15 foregrip bipod has been manufactured with a high-density fiber polymer body for strength and toughness, and the leg inserts are made from sturdy reinforced steel.
The foregrip is integrated with a strong and stable bipod, of which the extendable legs can be easily and quickly deployed at the push of the button. I love how easy it is to extend and fold up the legs with little to no effort, and once retracted, there’s no rattle or loose bits.
It was bigger, thicker, and longer than I expected. The body of the device feels strong and durable despite the low cost, however, the legs themselves are made of plastic. Other than a bit of wobble, the unit remained sturdy when the legs were fully extended. However, foregrip bipods made from aluminum will offer more stability.
Although I heard that some shooters had problems installing this foregrip, it mounted to my rail in a matter of minutes without any issues, and it fits nicely too.
With this tactical bipod, you get what you pay for. It’s a very low price gadget that does the job well but of course, it’s not as impressive as AR-15 foregrip bipods that are double the price.
If you’re a casual shooter just wanting to get a good zero while out on the range, this foregrip will serve you perfectly. However, if you’re looking for complete stability for 300-yard accuracy, you will probably need to invest in a higher-priced, higher quality product.
- Made from high-density fiber polymer
- Extendable legs with easy deployment
- Strong and durable body
- A low price option
- The material of the legs is not high-quality
- Some shooters had problems with mounting the device
- It may not give the most stability for long-range shooting
Feng Lian tactical bipod
The FL tactical foregrip bipod has a high-quality vertical handgrip and a lightweight design with reinforced steel leg inserts for extra strength. Its retractable feet help keep it compact and make it easy to carry and use.
This tactical bipod from Feng Lian is made from an impact-resistant nylon polymer. Nylon polymer is an engineering-grade material. The brass thread integrates with Picatinny’s fixed position, keeping the AR-15 foregrip bipod tightly secured along with your other accessories.
Despite the low price, I was hugely impressed with this product. It’s a well-constructed bipod hand grip made from high-quality polymer. The springs didn’t rattle at all and there was no wobble with the legs fully extended.
Overall, it has all the features and functionality of other higher-priced devices at a much more sensible price. This is one of the best options in terms of value for money.
- Lightweight at just 7.7 ounces
- Retractable feet
- Easy to carry and use
- Made from high-quality impact-resistant nylon polymer
- Sturdy and well construction
- Value for money
CTK Precision – Ultimate rail-pod
The Ultimate rail-pod from CTK Precision incorporates all the proven features of the P3 Ultimate Monopod into a sleek, push-button folding design that attaches to any style Picatinny rail.
The rail-pod folds up 90 degrees and locks firmly in place against the buttstock. It can be quickly deployed with the push of a button. It’s easily mounted with a simple single screw installation and I found it works particularly great with the Magpul PRS stock.
The two-stage telescoping leg provides 360 degrees of movement at 100 yards. The spring-loaded, cam locking 1st stage gets you on target in seconds and locks up securely thanks to the integrated Posi-Lock system. The threaded 2nd stage then allows fine-tuning for elevation. I was extremely impressed with this feature. It gave me much higher accuracy in my shooting from 100 to nearly 1,000 meters.
It also features a rotating Delrin foot which rides on a precision roller bearing, allowing for smooth, precise, friction-free elevation adjustments, without any wobble or movement. CTK’s rail-pod can also function as a bag rider when it’s in the folded position.
The rail-pod is a high quality, durable, and reliable gadget made from an American company and machined from billet 6061 aluminum. It’s then finished with a durable mil-spec anodized finish resulting in a strong yet lightweight construction.
The only issue I had when testing out this AR-15 foregrip bipod was the deployment. The spring-loaded quick deployment twist height feature occasionally caused it to deploy too easily and unexpectedly.
This AR-15 foregrip bipod is very expensive compared with others on the list, but it’s features and performance really do make it the ultimate AR-15 foregrip bipod and worth every cent. It serves as a very useful shooting tool, helping you to hit targets consistently. If you’re looking for the best AR-15 foregrip bipod that money can buy, this is it.
- Robust and durable build
- Quick deployment
- A sleek folding design of up to 90 degrees
- Easily mounts to any Picatinny rail
- Two-stage telescoping leg for 360 degrees of movement
- Helps you get on target instantly and locks securely
- Gives smooth, wobble-free elevation adjustments
- Strong yet lightweight
- May deploy too easily and unexpectedly
- Much more expensive than most other alternatives
What is an AR-15 foregrip bipod?
- Foregrip bipods are stationary platforms that allow you to maintain a firm grip while on the move, and increase your shooting efficiency too.
- Foregrip bipods consist of a regular vertical grip with a set of retractable legs to give you the most stable shooting platform possible, especially if you are shooting prone.
- Foregrip bipods combine mobility and stability as you can use the grip on the move and have a stationary platform at the ready. This would not be possible using a grip or bipod alone.
- The legs of the bipod support your rifle and eliminate any potential strain from your arms.
- It essentially acts as a mobile support for your AR-15.
- Because of its versatility and high efficiency, an AR-15 foregrip bipod is one of the most useful additions to your rifle.
Is an AR-15 foregrip bipod right for you?
There are many benefits to adding a foregrip bipod to your rifle. Here are the key reasons why they are becoming increasingly popular, and how owning one could improve your shooting performance.
- If you shoot in a wide range of firing positions and unexpected scenarios, you’ll find a foregrip bipod especially useful, as it will allow you to adjust your position quickly and efficiently.
- By combining these two useful tools, you save rail space and reduce the weight of your setup. Moreover, if you own a short barrel rifle, adding a standalone grip and bipod together may not be possible, or may result in a cluttered rail.
- Many of these 2-in-1 devices allow the bipod to be quickly deployed by simply twisting or squeezing it. This helps you maintain a firm grip while changing position, saving you those vital seconds which otherwise would have been spent reaching up to deploy it.
- Buying a bipod grip is usually cheaper than buying a foregrip and a bipod separately, making this device a great, economical choice.
Foregrip bipods were designed with military personnel in mind, helping them to conserve space. These multipurpose accessories are a great option for people who tend to shoot in a mix of prone, crouching, and standing stances.
On the other hand, not all AR-15 foregrip bipods are the most effective option for long-range shooting. This is because compared to stand-alone bipods, many of these models do have limited features and stability options. Taking this into consideration, stand-alone bipods may be a better choice for certain shooting styles and situations.
AR-15 foregrip bipod features that matter
So what makes a good quality foregrip bipod? Here are the key features to look for when making your decision.
- Movement: Just like standard bipods, foregrips bipods will either have a fixed or tiltable design.
- Ease of use: An AR-15 foregrip bipod is a fairly simple device and should not be difficult to use.
- Length: AR-15 foregrip bipods can either have a fixed length or an adjustable length.
- Durability: Your AR-15 foregrip bipod should be tough enough to withstand pressure.
- Folding mechanism: AR-15 foregrip bipods can have different folding mechanisms, all of which have their own uses.
Tilt vs. Fixed
- Fixed bipod grips are generally more rigid with flat feet and very straight legs.
- They don’t allow the rifle to move from side to side, therefore, they are generally better for shooters who fire at one fixed target for an extended period, rather than those who engage moving targets.
- Tilting bipod grips offer a focal point on an axis on the center of the barrel which allows you to tilt the rifle from side to side.
- This gives more mobility in a fixed shooting position and makes shooting easier in multiple shooting angles, and with moving targets.
- Although most simple bipods have tilting capacities, many AR-15 foregrip bipods have had to sacrifice this feature.
- Fixed bipods are typically smaller and slimmer. This is one reason the majority of foregrip bipods are fixed, as space-saving is the main feature of these devices.
Unless you only shoot fixed targets, I would recommend opting for a foregrip bipod that has tilting and panning capabilities.
Ease of Use
Mounting and operating your AR-15 foregrip bipod should not be a headache. When looking for a foregrip bipod for your AR15, you’ll want to make sure it’s as easy to use as possible. High-quality AR-15 foregrip bipods like the ones on this list have integrated features especially for ease of use. Features to look out for are:
- Single hand or push-button operation
- Quick detachment
- Angled grips
- Smart engineering around things like button placement
- Sling swivel studs
- Quick and easy mounting and compatibility with all types of rails
Another aspect of ease of use is the legs. How easily the legs fold or extend will make all the difference. For example, you’ll want a bipod that gives both smooth extension and retraction of the legs, without requiring much effort.
Size & Height
You need the right mix of grip size and stability (in terms of circumference) and height (how high your rifle can elevate to once the bipod is deployed.)
Bipods all have different leg lengths depending on their manufacturer, and some have a fixed-length whilst others are adjustable.
Bipod grips with adjustable length capabilities typically come in the form of extendable legs or extendable feet. Opting for a bipod with adjustable length is the best choice if you’re not sure what height you need, or if your shooting set up is likely to change. Having an adjustable bipod grip is, without doubt, a versatile and convenient choice.
With that being said, if you already have a specific hunting set up or you know that you’ll be shooting from a table, you can simply measure the height you need and that will tell you what length and size to look for when shopping for your bipod grip.
When testing the options on this list, I found the perfect height to be around 8-9 inches. This height gave the best balance between stability & size and provided enough height to accommodate a 30 round magazine.
Like with all your AR15 gadgets, you’ll get the most out of a product that has the heavy-duty durability to withstand regular use. However, it’s difficult to know just how durable a device is without putting it to the test. All the best AR-15 foregrip bipods are made from high-grade polymers, with the feet sometimes being made of metal.
There are also some AR-15 foregrip bipods on the market that are entirely made from metal, including the legs. I found these products to be the most sturdy and stable when the legs are fully extended.
When looking for an AR-15 foregrip bipod that is strong and durable, my advice would be to look for products that are:
- Battle-tested and have been used by or designed for military, police, or shooting professionals.
- Gadgets made in the USA from reputable industry manufacturers as these tend to have a more durable build.
I have tested and rated the durability on each of the bipod grips on this list, to give you some reassurance in this area. All the AR-15 foregrip bipods that made it onto the list are tough enough to withstand pressure.
When researching the best AR-15 foregrip bipods, you’ll find different folding mechanisms on different AR-15 foregrip bipods. Some have feet that retract inside the grip, whereas with others the grip splits into two parts that serve as feet. I find the retractable feet designs save space and are easier to carry.
In terms of folding direction, standard bipods have 3 main folding options; folding into a vertical grip, folding away from the shooter, and folding towards the shooter. However, you’ll find the majority of grip bipods fold into a vertical grip, which of course, is the best choice for grip use.
How to mount your AR-15 foregrip bipod
- Foregrip bipods are extremely easy to mount.
- Most can be mounted to a Picatinny rail rather than directly to the swivel stud.
- Most AR-15 foregrip bipods on the market will be compatible with any style Picatinny rail and can be mounted using a QD or bolt locking mechanism, whatever is preferred.
- Many have a quick detach mount too, offering a quick and easy detaching process.
What is the best AR-15 foregrip bipod for your money?
After reviewing and testing all 5 products, there is one that stands out the most for me. Although I really enjoyed using CTK Precision’s Ultimate rail-pod, the problems I had with deploying did put me off a bit, plus it’s far more expensive than all the other options.
The Feng Lein foregrip bipod was also a good contender as it offered high quality for a low price, but in the end, it does lack a lot of the features that others offer.
The AR-15 foregrip bipod that gives the right balance between quality, performance, and price is the T-POD G2 quick-release foregrip and bipod by FAB Defense, in fact, I couldn’t falut it. I particularly liked how it allows you to engage close-range targets, and then quickly transition to longer-range targets.
Additionally, the 5 adjustable leg lengths allow you to set up in your most ideal position, and the combined aluminum, steel, and reinforced polymer build securely holds your rifle in a sturdy and stable position. Lastly, the unique tilting feature of the T-POD G2 is a game-changer.
This guide has hopefully given you a deeper understanding of what to look for when searching the market for the best AR-15 foregrip bipods. The information here will help you to build and upgrade your rifle to get the best accuracy and performance when out on the range.