The series continues with today’s episode of Dry Fire Friday: Episode 4: Slide Manipulation
Kippi is taking us through another drill that can often trip up beginning shooters: can you effectively and safely manipulate the slide of your pistol?
Dry Fire Drill: Slide Manipulation
Drill Focus: Practice Slide Movement
Drill Level: Beginner
Drill Comments: When it comes to basic slide manipulation, it’s pretty easy for a beginning (or rusty) shooter to forget about some key elements. That’s why drilling proper form into your repertoire at home is highly beneficial. Remember some of the most important factors – always have a good grip on the gun with your strong hand when releasing the slide forward and consider a sideways body turn to offer yourself more leverage. And repeat. Repeat often.
Build your dexterity – keep running the above drill to become a master manipulator.
Check out the video above, #GetClickin and stay tuned for the next episode!
Dry-Fire Safety Rules
1. Ensure the gun is unloaded, remove the magazine, retract the slide and check that there is no round in the chamber
2. If practicing with magazines, unload all rounds from magazines
3. Remove all ammunition/loaded magazines from the area
4. Find a safe area/direction to practice
5. Remove all distractions – phones, family members, pets, etc.
6. Double-check that the gun is unloaded any time you do have a distraction or interruption
About Dry Fire Friday
In this series, we’ll explore fundamental drills, tips and ideas on how you can improve your gun-handling skills. All of the drills will be with an unloaded gun and no ammunition, which is what dry fire means, so you will never have to leave home to practice!