Hi-Point Firearms produces more than 150,000 firearms a year and there are several reasons for that. First, of course, is price. Other companies produce pretty, nifty-looking 9mm, .40 or .45ACP pistols; some are just flat-out beautiful. You pay for that beauty, though, to the tune of $500 to more than $1,200 MSRP
1. Hi-Point pistols are not real pretty or fancy – but they are not expensive, either! Think of them as the original all-purpose, industrial-grade, working man’s guns. While other brands produce Cadillacs, Ferraris and Lambos, Hi-Point is more like the all-round, heavy-duty, ranch-use pickup truck. For the price of a like caliber pistol from a “name” maker, you can buy three Hi-Points and 500 rounds of good ammo. Not a bad deal.
2. Hi-Points are low in cost because they are not fancy. The internals are stamped and machined from steel forgings. They are designed for manufacturing ease to keep the price down, with no fancy grips or shiny parts – just real robust, reliable construction that stands up to years and years of hard use.
3. A bullet fired from a $205 Hi-Point goes just as fast as it does from a $2,000 pistol. And, the same goes for practical accuracy; no difference. Actually we have found the Hi-Point to out shoot many of the much more expensive pistols.Yes, ya gotta step up to a couple of grand or more if you need one-inch groups at 50 yards, but then you won’t be carrying that pretty little puppy with you in the pickup or anywhere else it might get a scratch. But if you can tolerate a handgun that gives you two inches at 50 feet – which covers most $1,000 guns, too – then a $205 Hi-Point will fit the bill (and how many of us can shoot that accurately without the bench anyway?).
4. Hi-Points are made for real use in any environment, which may mean shoving it into a tackle box when fishing in dangerous areas, banging around in a glove compartment, car trunk, tool box, farm tractor case, or back pack. Hi-Points are made to go where few people want to go with their $600.00+ handguns.
5. They come with a lifetime warranty!
The bottom line is this: Hi-Point Firearms makes robust, reliable, accurate, affordable (but not cheap), industrial-grade, working man’s handguns and carbines intended for serious hard use where a ding or scratch will not make the owner cry. They are daily users that almost anyone can afford, they are all American-made, from a 30-year old company.